THE 'FAMOUS FIVE' RETURN TO THE COMPLETED
|On a very wet 25 November 2001 five Central Southern Section members met
with their Club cars on a building site in Westhampnett. These five cars were the first Rolls-Royce
motor cars to grace this part of the Goodwood Estate that was to become the Head Office and Manufacturing
Plant of the new Rolls-Royce motor car company.
Click here for the full report with enlarged image.
One year later on a very wet 23 November 2002 the 'Famous Five' returned to exactly the same place,
this time to quite a different backdrop.
|Another year later on a very wet 22 November 2003 a similar 'Famous Five' returned
to the now completed 'building site', this time in the courtyard surrounded by the production buildings
and the office (the Pavilion) of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited. The visit was again arranged by Company
representative and fellow Section member Fred Fruth, to whom
we are most grateful.
Ted Meachem - Section Secretary
|In the courtyard in front of the main entrance to the Pavilion. Maurice Pitchford kindly provided both of his Club cars, a 1986 Silver Spirit and a 1929 20/25, as the originals were not available. The other three 'originals' were Paul Capper's 1969 Phantom VI, Ted Meachem's 1933 20/25 and Ian Burt's 1974 Silver Shadow. Photos: Ian Burt|
|Click on this picture to see a panorama of the new Rolls-Royce head office and manufacturing plant.|